The pregnancy



My journey into motherhood


Friday, February 16, 2007

Week 38

Its been an interesting week. Both Monday and Tuesday I woke at 5AM to stronger contractions where I just got into childs pose and relaxed with some deep breathing until I was able to fall asleep again. Wednesday there was alot of cervical pressure and alot of achiness in my lower back and pelvis with alot of 'braxton hicks'. It was the most uncomfortable yet. Today I was really tired, so I napped alot before I went to work at 2pm. I didn't have any of the sensations I had yesterday. My mom thinks it is prelabour and I agree, the time is near.

My midwife also thought that the baby has dropped another cm, so I am for sure -1 or even 0. She also mentioned that sometimes its good at this point to think about anything that may stall my labour, such as fear or anything going on mentally. I can't say there is any fear, but there are always things that come to mind, like my imaginary list of 'to do's' before baby is born. I am almost complete but there are still a few things, which I have convinced myself could wait until after baby is born. It would be wonderful, if I am truly in a 'prelabour' state, that by the time I am in 'offical' labour, I have effaced and dilated 3 or 4 cms... That could be what is happening now...

3 comments:

  1. It's starting! You and Jordan are going to be parents! I am so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly what happened to me and I swear it's the best way to go into labour. Many women go to the hospital waaaaaay to early and concentrate way to hard on whats going on and it slows labour down way to much. I think the best thing I did was ignore early labour and just continue on with my life. My body did everything it needed to and it let me know when things got serious and that's when I called the midwife.

    I am very excited for you. You have the same kind of fire and excitement as I did and I am positive you are going to have a beautiful labour.

    Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:00 AM

    Hi, I got my new computer!!!
    Nice pictures! Did you pick up all the stuff I sent at the greyhound yet?
    Be careful!

    ReplyDelete