The pregnancy



My journey into motherhood


Monday, November 27, 2006

Week 26

Our intuition was right and we are having a boy afterall! Last week I had my ultrasound with CR Obstetrition Dr. Kruger where I discovered the male parts and also where the little guy is positioned. He is head down facing out and he probably won't move too much from that position. It was a wonderful little appointment and the doctor said that baby and mom look great!

As far as movement, there is still alot of activity going on. He is always on the go! I can touch and massage his legs and knees and he doesn't pull back as much anymore. He must sleep alot at night, because his movements are intense in the evenings and then for another hour after I go to bed and then when I wake up in the morning he is at it again. He is moving as I type.

Since even before conception I have thought alot about this baby, and since I have been pregnant I have spent consistently alot of time bonding, actually both Jordan and I have spent alot of time together, bonding with the little one. Something tells me that your children choose you and from the beginning there is always a sharing of emotions between mother and child (beginning in utero). Its just how I feel. The past couple of weeks have been quite stressful for many reasons and also I think I have abit of those hormonal fluctuations happening. Thrughout this time of dealing with a sick dog, putting him down, deciding to sell our VW van and on and on, I have not stopped myself from getting upset or emotional - I have let myself go and just communicate to baby why I feel this way and that its only temporary. I am hoping that he understands in some strange way, because I know that he feels all that I feel.

Everyday is a new day and I happily ended my week with snow in the forecast. Saturday it started to snow! I had a great weekend. Had some family over for dinner. Went to see the Banff Mountain film festival showings in both Campbell River and on Quadra Island. It was great! I go every year and have always enjoyed seeing all the films, all the adventure and culture from around the world. I am so excited to take our little one on some great adventures in the future!

It continued to snow and on Sunday morning Jordan and I skied to Heriot Bay, had some tea and then walked home. The road crew had cleared the roads by then and the skiing wouldn't have been as nice!

We have about a foot of snow at the moment and I don't think it will melt for the next week. I have heard that Victoria got 2 feet! Everything seems to go crazy on the coast when we get these big dumps-no one is prepared like they are in the interior. I slid all over the place in the VW today, stalled it, fixed it and then got stuck at the Childrens Centre! Made it home in the end.


3 comments:

  1. I envy you snow at this time of year. The UK rarely gets any snow anymore. My DH remembers snow from when he was a kid, but there hasn't be any significant fall in the South for years and years.

    We were in the Banff/Lake Louise almost 2 years ago during the ski season. It was stunningly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I am a friend of Lisa's here in Cumberland! She actually just told me you were having a boy - congratulations!! I just wanted to say hello and tell you that I totally felt the same way about the baby choosing us. I felt all along, way before we were even pregnant that our baby was out there just waiting to for the perfect time to meet us.

    Anyways, good luck with the pregnancy, I thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant in the winter. Lily was born January 31 and the weather was pretty much the same as it is now a week before her arrival. During that week I slept out of the covers with the window open (also loved the fresh air) while my hubby slept beside me in his -30 degree sleeping bag!! Gotta love the little heater in your belly!!

    Cheers,
    Reesh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:14 AM

    Spell for easy childbirth:
    Work this spell every morning for a week before your delivery date. Annoint a white candle with vegetable oil and roll it in some powdered lavender. Light the candle and sit or lie down in a comfortable position. Place both hands on your belly, saying:
    "Mother Goddess, hold my hand,
    And stay with me throughout this time.
    Cradle me in your loving arms,
    and talk to me of nature's rhyme
    Ease the pains of labor when
    The time comes for this baby's birth;
    Comfort me and guide me through
    It's deliverance onto Earth,
    And grant that labor not be long,
    And that this baby's born with ease,
    And that our lives be filled with laughter.
    Thank you, Mother. Blessed be!"
    Burn the candle for 15 minutes every day. On the 7th day, let the candle burn down completely. Place the wick and melted wax (if any) in the center of a piece of blue cloth inches square and sprinkle it with lavender. Mark a pentagram over the cloth with your finger and tie it closed with a piece of yellow ribbon. Keep the pouch with you during labor and delivery.

    Enjoy, Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete