The pregnancy



My journey into motherhood


Thursday, November 02, 2006

Week 22








Week 22

I am now feeling more energized and less tired. It feels like I (baby) just had a huge growth spurt and just overnight my belly is finally noticeable. I am taking a yoga class which has also done wonders for my energy levels. Every day that I do yoga is that much better; I am happier and much more energized.

Now that I am no longer with that 'bloated belly' look and the bump has actually formed, it has all moved higher and I am able to wear my normal pants in total comfort. They will probably fit just fine until the baby drops at the end of the nine months. BUT, now that my belly is sticking out, my shirts are riding up. Lucky for anyone pregnant during these times of fashion, though, as you can go to just about any trendy store and buy long shirts that come down below the butt. Perfect! Anytime I am browsing through these stores and the salesgirl asks if she can help, I always say, I love these new fashions! They are perfect maternity wear! Sometimes I get a strange look, but its kind of funny anyway.

After the Halloween party at the children's centre (my current employment) I went home and relaxed with Jordan. It was really fun being with all the kids and their excitement and costumes; all the parents had been going all day with festive activities and were geared up with snacks and warm gear to trick or treat, stop at fire hall for hot chocolates and finally check out the games and haunted house and finally fireworks at the community centre. Phew...I figured, this year I am gonna relax because I know that after this year, I will probably be one of those frazzled parents running around with their kid on Halloween. Don't get me wrong, I am totally excited to be one of those parents - really, but for now I am gonna rest and enjoy the quiet life...

Actually, I have been very conscious of my freedom and I have been really taking advantage of my time to myself and privately with Jordan. I will be 30 in a few days and I am so excited for all that the coming years have to offer. My 20's were all about me, growth, freedom, and tons of sponeneity. Things have now moved forward within me and my life is taking on a new shape. It has not been sudden change - just a slow evolvement for the past couple of years which is now taking a more obvious shape. Now I have a clearer vision for my future, I know what I want and I know how I will get there. I am already there, really, in mind, but it will in time translate into life and all that surrounds me. It already has in many ways; being with my life partner and getting married, building our house and being pregnant. These are all very new things but they have brought such fullfillment and they are the natural step forward in my life. I could no longer be fullfilled with all that consumed me earlier in my 20's, they just don't have the appeal.

Now I am excited to give birth - like the actual event! I am excited to start a new family and to be back in school in the next few years. Jordan is starting up again this Sept to finnish his Enviro Degree at Royal Roads in Victoria. I will be heading back to school a year or two after him. Our little one will only be about 6 months when we leave Quadra Island and return to Victoria; our plan is to return once more of our schooling is completed. In the meantime we will use our Quadra house as a vacation rental.

But for now I am going to enjoy all the activity in my belly, the silence and then head to work. Four more months until our new arrival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You look awesome! I love reading your blog baby! And, if I forget happy 30th birthday you old lady you!

    ReplyDelete