The pregnancy



My journey into motherhood


Monday, October 16, 2006

Week 20 cont...




Ultrasound of our
baby at 19 Wks!!!

Here is the active little one. In one shot it is waving at us and the other one looks as if something is floating between its legs...umbilical cord maybe??

Although there was nothing going on in my belly Friday night, Jordan put his big warm hand over my bump and within a few moments I felt a commotion and sure enough the little one became active and gave a few big kicks (or high fives??) into his hand. The two finally made some serious contact!

Fairly busy weekend with charity auction for the Quadra Childrens' Centre and then spent Sunday in CR with inlawts - Jordan helped Case (his mother, Janet's, partner) put in some house windows while us ladies went to a baby shower party/exhibit put on by local businesses. Gained some info, got some free goodies and saw lots of pregant women - 3 out of about 20 were carrying twins! Then browsed around at some of the baby stores. There is just so much 'stuff' out there to buy for baby, half of which don't even really seem to be that useful for very long. So far, we have been given a ton of stuff and haven't really spent a cent - well except for the bassinette I bought at the recent Quadra - Philippines Connection garage sale. Also, I am sure that once the little one is born, there will be many gifts, there are 3 sets of grandparents afterall (lucky baby!). Not to mention 6 1st cousins, an auntie and 3 uncles and lots of extended family. 2 of the cousins will be only 11 months old when baby is born! Theres a whole lot of people out there who are excited for our March arrival.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:27 PM

    Hey!!! You are getting bigger! Looks like when I was prego with kid #1. Keep posting, it is interesting.
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:28 PM

    Oh ya, come visit me!
    http://www.myspace.com/ladysmarmalade
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:15 PM

    COOL pics!!! I think you are having a boy!!! At least it looks that way. When I had Cameron, I had extra amniotic fluid too, and I carried him extra high like you are. It is because of a short torso I think. Ans maybe cuz it's a boy.heheh
    Ashleigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. So exciting!I love the ultasound phots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:45 PM

    WOW You grew alot! Maybe you'll have a 10lb worm like cameron!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:50 AM

    Looks like a boy

    ReplyDelete