The pregnancy



My journey into motherhood


Friday, September 29, 2006




Week 18

I have noticed a return of some of the fatigue I had in the earliest part of my pregnancy. So far it is not even comparable, but I can feel myselft slowing down again. It might be a result of my new job working with children. Currently I am a supervisor at a non profit childcare facility; the age group under my care is ages 6-11. The job is quite enjoyable and incredibly fullfilling; I couldn't imagine any other more appropriate work during my pregnancy! I love children and up until now, stealing my nephew and nieces for the summers and having them to myself has been enough, but now I want more!!! That probably helped us get pregnant so quickly last spring.

One subject that I have spent a great deal of time reading about and researching has been childhood vaccinations. I am very aware of both sides of the issue. I think that I understand and support both sides. I believe that vaccinations have always had their time and place and I think that they are vital in many parts of the world. I have noticed that some of the children at the centre are vaccinated and some are not...I want to ask the parents about their decisions and why they were made. For those who have taken responsibiliy for their family's healthcare, what are your ideas and what lead you to your choices?

I have gone both ways with deciding what vaccinations, if any, I will have given to my baby. At this point I can't see any real reason to vaccinate until the baby is older and we resume our travels to developing countries. Although statistically extremely low, I am aware that the possibility of side affects exists yet I also know that if certain diseases are caught, there may not be medication for a cure.

Jordan and I have discussed this issue quite abit and have not come to any permanent decisions yet. We feel that these are important decisions to make and we need to be truly knowledgable. We need to continue looking at all aspects of the vaccination spectrum.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/files/health/vaccines/tips.html


No comments:

Post a Comment