The pregnancy



My journey into motherhood


Friday, September 15, 2006

Week 15


Just to make sure, I eagerly asked my midwife if we could check for the heartbeat again this month. I heard it for the first time last month, but other than that I still have no solid proof of my baby! Of course I KNOW I am pregnant; the two pink lines, bloodwork etc... I have had no big symptoms, only slight little pleasant reminders. A little fatigue for about three weeks in the beginning, an aversion to meat and fish, a bigger cup size and a spiritual/mindful connection to the little person who I am sharing my body with. I guess I have just been overly eager for the little bump to start showing itself. Sometimes I appear alittle bloated so I excitedly go try on the hand me down maternity pants I have in my closet...but I am not ready for them yet. They are too big. But my bloated little belly is not so comfortable in my regular hip hugging jeans. Maybe there is some maternity jeans I can get somewhere for 4 month bellies. The day my belly becomes really noticeable will be a day for celebration. AM I crazy or is it the hormones making me so excited about 'looking' pregnant? Probably a little of both.

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to show! I'm gonna love that belly right up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was exactly the same way. I had spent so many years admiring pregnant bellies and wanting know what it felt like, when it was my turn I wanted to show the second we conceived. Unfortunatley it took about 5 1/2 months for me to look even slightly pregnant, which is normal. But I know that bloated uncomfortable feeling in the beginning when you aren't quite at the maternity pants but definately not fitting your regular non pregnant pants. I wore a lot of draw string pants and long shirts in the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I'm Lisa's friend in Cumberland.
    P.P.S. Congratulations by the way!!

    ReplyDelete