The pregnancy



My journey into motherhood


Thursday, January 18, 2007

Week 33

I can now see a pattern throughout this pregnancy; every three or four weeks I spend several days totally exhausted. Last week was really intense, I could barely drag myself out of bed at 12:30/1:00 every afternoon in order to get ready for work. Once I was at work I was fine, but then 4 or 5 hours later when I returned home I was totally exhausted again. The worst thing was being so tired at that point and not being able to sleep. I was tired, but my legs were so restless...so I would lay awake in bed trying to read and finally sleep after 2am. It was really hard, but I slept when I could and Jordan was totally supportive in my sleeping whenever possible.

After a restful weekend, this week has been totally back to normal. My energy level is great and I am even falling asleep by 1 or 2am!! I am much happier this week because I am getting things done - I have this to do list before baby arrives and I really want to get it all done so that I can just take the time after birth to focus on our new family.

I am really excited and am looking forward to giving birth to our little one. Its gonna be quite exciting for all three of us! And of course for our whole entire family!

My appetite is still very strong and Jordan has been cooking all of our dinners, which have been really healthy. I am lucky because after I come home from work I can just put my legs up and visit with him and then eat. Its all done! He has also been very intuitive with my needs and I feel so loved and cared for right now. It takes two in more than one way to make and grow a baby. Then it probably takes a whole village to raise it! I know for sure from experience that the first part of the above is true. Perhaps that is why I have had such an 'easy' pregnancy. Actually its probably a number of things, including genetics.

My mother is the eldest in her family. Same as me. My parents were actually pregnant with me at their wedding, just like we were! Both marriages had nothing to do with being pregnant - just lucky presents! I was in a posterior position until right before I was born, so my mother had a long and mildly painful back labour. My baby is sideways posterior and I am not sure what the official name for that is. I have begun doing some of the exercises that may help turn him before he becomes too engaged!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I think those cycles you talked about are hormone dumps. I remember them as well.

    And way to go Jordan, what a great catch you have there!

    ReplyDelete